Saturday, July 20, 2013

Broken dreams

whiskey in the jar o
because you know she drank me easy


Dreams of me when i was young
dreams of me when i was there in full regalia
80 years ago before i parted light
who was the atoms before I was borne?

some they like a fowling
some they like a fishing
and some they like to hear the cannon balls a roaring
me? I like sleeping
especially in her chamber

i had dreams, good ones they were
i had them in my hand
and like sand they slipped the gaps
not sick and not well

said  i was the philosopher farmer 
weeded and wedded to the land of ants
go f yourself bitch
i gotta go work today
blood, sweat and tears are my share


the music follows me around
strains of what i once knew
it calls me and beckons hard
come to us again
please
we miss you
i can feel it, i can hear it
on the border
right over there on the other side
come on horse, let's go home

I had dreams of youth
believe it or not
and some i smashed with my very own hands
others died of their own accord 

tomorrow rises again
yet another day
of sweat, hours and perhaps some blood

the band played on

No comments: