Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I really don't particularly give a damn

has to be one of the best lines ever
he is walking out
where will I go? what will I do?
frankly, I don't give a damn

best fucking  line ever.
will brace myself for the onslaught..

here,
have a flower
it's chenille

look, I did not make you
or me
I did not wire your harness
nor mine
all i can do is deal with what I have
here
and now
what? you thought it would make sense?
as if you or I would make some 
semblance of reason together?
not so 
no
not so dearest friend
best we can do
is muddle along
2+2 = 4
it took him 400 goddamn pages 
to prove that

i shit you not

That is Shoeless Joe
I think he was a pretty good guy
in retrospect, after all is said and done
after nemesis found the hubris
i still think he is ok
there was a day
long ago for you and me
but in regards to time
why it was yesterday
was a couple of men that walked in that liquor store
or was it a store of stuff
who knows?
grantland rice and ty cobb
back from augusta
with bobby and the boys
there was joe
behind the counter
grantland said to ty, turn here and we will find him
and so they did
give me the bottle up over there
ring ring ring
Joe? aren't you gonna say somethin?
Ty. I wasn't sure you wanted me too
and Grantland wrote it all down


If i ever live to be a thousand or nearly so
same as Methuselah
I will never understand
I am a dolt
a fool
no better than a bump in the road
all i have are a few mumbles
pictures 
and words from somebody else

No comments: